Posted in Security
At Bank First, we take great care to safeguard your personal and financial information. We also offer tools and resources to help you remain vigilant and protect your information while providing you convenient access to your accounts. If you haven't already, please consider utilizing the following account security resources:
- Account passcode. Like many companies who value account security, we ask verification questions when you call to access account information. A personal passcode offers a unique layer of security when accessing your financial information over the phone. This word or phrase is one that you choose, should be only known to you as the account holder, and is easily remembered by you. A Bank First representative can set an account passcode on your behalf.
- Monitor your account activity. By monitoring your account activity on a consistent basis, you can spot fraudulent charges quickly and help prevent financial loss. Online and Mobile Banking offer fast, easy, and secure access to your accounts allowing you to keep track of your balances, view transactions, and more. You can even create real-time account alerts to monitor account balances and activity, receive deposit and withdrawal notifications, and control security alerts. Sign up for Online Banking from our website or download the "Bank First goBank" app in the App Store or Google Play.
- Enroll in e-statements. Identity theft can occur through the mail or improperly discarded paper documents. E-statements offer you a secure way to access your account statements through Online Banking. Once you enroll, you will receive an email notification when your statement is ready. Simply login to Online Banking, choose the account, and view your statement under the "Documents" tab.
- Debit Card Fraud Alerts. New debit card holders are automatically enrolled once your card is activated. If our system detects fraud on your account at any time, you will receive a text message from Bank First. At that time, you may respond to the text to confirm the transaction. In order to receive fraud alerts via text message, we need to have your current cell phone number on file. If you are not sure if we have your correct number, or if you have recently changed numbers, please reach out to your local office.
- Download our Card Manager app. Card Manager offers fraud protection with realtime alerts that let you know when your cards are being used. Setting up transaction controls allow your cards to work only in specific locations or geographic areas. You can also turn your cards "off" and no withdrawals or purchases will be approved. Search for "Bank First Card Manager" in the App Store or Google Play. Business customers can utilize the "CardValet" app.
Be sure to take advantage of all the tools and resources available to you while keeping your account secure! If you are interested in setting up a passcode on your account or if have questions about any of our products or services, call or stop by your local Bank First office today! Our representatives are ready to assist you.