If you have a smartphone, you probably already know how important it is to keep your phone software up to date. Software updates are released regularly to improve performance, add new features, and provide bug fixes. Just like software, apps on your personal devices need to be updated for the same reasons. One of the easiest ways to manage your apps and ensure you are using the most current version is to enable automatic updates.
Here are a few short steps to set up automatic app updates on your device:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap App Store.
- Turn on App Updates (under Automatic Downloads).
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings > Network Preferences > Auto-update apps.
- Select an option:
- Over any network to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Over Wi-Fi only to update apps only when connected to Wi-Fi.
To ensure your Bank First mobile banking app is operating at its best, be sure you are using the most current version:
- Open the app.
- Tap on the More tab.
- Verify the version number (This number will change as the app is updated).
- Personal banking app version: Apple 22.2.201, Android 22.2.210 (as of 8/1/2023)
- Business banking app version: Apple 22.1.22, Android 22.1.20 (as of 8/1/2023)
If you receive an error message when you attempt to login, that could be a sign that your app has not been updated to the current version.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your local Bank First office for assistance if you have any trouble logging in to mobile or online banking.
*Apple Support: “How to manually update apps on your Apple device”
**Google Play Help: “How to update the Play Store & apps on Android”